In this article, we will tell you exactly what steps you need to follow to place an order through Order Desk. This particular article will explain how to place an order for 1 garment with only a Front Print.
The first step to follow is to head over https://www.orderdesk.com/ and login into using your username and password.
Adding a new order
- Once logged in, you will arrive on your dashboard, there click ‘Add New Order’ in the left sidebar.
Adding Order Details and Shipping Address
- You are now able to create an order. The first step within this process is adding the Order Details and Shipping Address. Fill in all of the empty fields, all of them are mandatory except for the ‘State’ field and the ‘Address’ 2 to 4. ‘State’ is not necessary and 1 address is enough.
- IMPORTANT: For the Country Code you need to use the country two digits code, in capital letters, as specified in the ISO 3166-1 alpha-2 that you can review here.
Adding a Name for your order
- After filling in all the mandatory fields, it is necessary that you enter a name for your order. Scroll down and fill in a name for your order in the field underneath ‘Name’. This can be whatever you want it to be. After adding a name for your order, scroll down and press ‘Save New Order’.
Checking your order number
- After saving your order, you will be able to see your order, and more importantly, your order number.
Looking for your order number in the ‘All Orders’ tab
After checking your order number, navigate to ‘All Orders’ within the Dashboard on the left on your screen. Once in here, look for the order number for the order you just created.
Clicking on the order name
- Once you have found your order, click on the order number and you will arrive at the order screen again. From here, click on the name you created for your order.
Adding variations for your order
- After clicking on the order name, you will be able to edit the item. From here, you are going to have to add variations to your order. You can do this by clicking ‘Add Variation’ in the edit screen.
- The “Set Variations” column will be the field name for the customised fields you need to add in order to make us receive all the information we need for your product.
- The fields’ column at the right is the specific values you need to add for specifying the details of the products you want us to print and drop ship for you. Please check our Product & Codes Guide for Order Desk article, there are the specific SKU, Color Codes and Sizes available in our catalogue.
- You then will need to add “Variations” (fields) as follows:
Adding Names and Values for your order
- To create an order for a garment with only a Front Print, you will always have to add the same Names. The Values differ depending on what garment you want to order, in what size, in what color and with what design on it. Check the table below and the image under the next paragraph for clarification:
|print_sku||The SKU for the garment you want to print on|
|size||Add the size, this has to be in caps. For example: M.|
|color||The garment color, the first letter needs to be in caps. For example: Red.|
|print_location_1||For a Front Print, add Front|
|print_url_1||A URL that shows your design|
|print_preview_1||A URL that shows the desired garment with design on it|
- Check here the complete list of codes for SKUs, Colors and Sizes codes available in Our Catalogue.
- IMPORTANT: Please notice that we only are able to receive correctly orders with the correct SKUs, Colors and Sizes codes from our catalogue.
- IMPORTANT: you need to provide the print and preview URLs from a server we can use. For example: Dropbox. Read here our guide on How to Generate Print and Preview URLs in Dropbox.
Saving after adding desired names and values
- After adding all the names and desired values, click ‘Save Item’.
Sending order to Printsome
- After saving the variations you added to your item, send the order to Printsome. You can do this by clicking the ‘Printsome’ button with the arrow in front of it. Look at the image below for clarification.
Checking if your order came through
The final step in ordering 1 garment with a Front Print through Order Desk is to check if it actually came through. After clicking the ‘Printsome’ button with the arrow in front of it (as described in the paragraph above), you should see ‘Order Submitted to Printsome’ in the bottom of your screen. For clarification, look at the image below.
That is it! Printsome will now receive your order, fulfill it and ship it to the end customer. You have now placed an order for a garment with Front Print through Order Desk.