Direct-to-garment (DTG) is one of the newest ways of printing your artworks onto garments. DTG printing and screen printing are the two most known printing methods. DTG printing is becoming more and more popular in the printing industry. In this article we will explain exactly why you also should choose for DTG printing.
What is DTG printing?
Direct-to-garment (DTG) printing is a new digital way of printing. Your artworks get digitally processed by a computer and will get directly applied into the fabric of your desired garment. DTG printers use special water-based ink, which will get directly absorbed by the fabric of your garment making for a super high-quality.
Printing using a DTG technique will make the highest-quality garments. The ink that is used gets directly adhered to the material of your garment. For that reason, DTG printing is only eligible with cotton-based garments.
What are the benefits of DTG printing?
There are a lot of beneficial assets to DTG printing over screen printing. The following parts are very important to know:
- Our DTG printing is specifically engineered for sustainability
- Our DTG printing uses water-based NeoPigment inks that are absolutely free of heavy metals, formaldehyde and Alkylphenol Ethoxylates.
- Our DTG printing is 100% non-hazardous and toxin-free
- Because DTG printing is a water-less process it leaves a low environmental footprint
- Our DTG printing contains no animal by-products and is completely vegan friendly
- Our DTG printing makes for a softer feel of the garment
- Our DTG printing enables us to use an unlimited amount of colors to create for the highest quality prints
Important things to know
Our DTG printing will faint a little bit quicker than when you screen print garment. This is because DTG printing is water-based. Water-based prints are not as thick and resistant as screen-printing (but it is way better for the environment). You can prevent the cracking and fading of your prints by taking care of your products. If you want to learn more about taking care of DTG printed products, head over to this article about caring for your custom DTG printed garments.